WELCOME Guest!
Realm of the Seven is an Alternate Universe RP site based on George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. Set 250 years before the events of A Game of Thrones, this site takes place in the aftermath of the assassination of Jaehaerys I Targaryen, and the break of Targaryen rule over the Seven Kingdoms.Take the role of a lord, a citizen, or a mere drifter in a land that struggles to rebuild itself with the uncertainty of allegiances and political strife around the corner. This site is for members above the age of 18.
SITE OPENING! - ICEBREAKER EVENT & AD CONTEST

Closed
New Poll

02. PLOT AND HISTORY
 Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 09:42 PM
Hand
HOUSE
STAFF
AGE TOPPA#1011
BLOOD STATUS GMT+8
OCCUPATION Staff
CAPITAL
PLOTLINE
Realm of the Seven is a Game of Thrones site based around 250 years prior to the events that take place in the first novel. It is an alternate universe setting based on the consequences of the death of King Jaehaerys I The Wise (for more information, check here.) Certain characters and figures are based on canonical lore and events. However, most of the characters on ROTS are OC based.

In 50 AC, the Faith and the crown were in a stte tension after the end of the horrible rule of Maegor I Targaryen. There were many who doubted the rulership of the Targaryens. The Sept of the Seven and the Faith Militant, spurred by the absolute cruelty of the now deceased King Maegor I, sought to depose the rule of Jaehaerys I. This culminated in the assassination of the young king, whose actions prior to the king's death had separated Westeros into seven kingdoms.

By doing so, Jaehaerys removed the significant point of tension between the Faith and House Targaryen. However, there had been widespread criticism concerning the divergence of the realm. With the borders having returned to new houses, the issue now remains as to the political fate of independence forged in the seven kingdoms. House Targaryen is still disliked immensely. Vaelys I, the new king, has maintained peace between the seven kingdoms, and attempts to currently unify realm into a single kindgom.

It is now 52 AC, the realm of Westeros is now dependent on the players partaking in the game of thrones. Take charge and shape the political sphere of the world. Or merely attempt to survive and thrive in world that is divided by religious, political, and cultural differences.

Posted on: Sep 23 2017, 04:10 AM
Hand
HOUSE
STAFF
AGE TOPPA#1011
BLOOD STATUS GMT+8
OCCUPATION Staff
CAPITAL
CHRONOLOGY OF EVENTS
    41 AC: Aegon the Conqueror dies of a stroke. His son, Aenys, succeeds the throne.
    42 AC: King Aenys weds his eldest son to his daughter, angering the Faith of the Seven. He dies of suspicious circumstances.
    43 AC: Maegor is crowned king. He is a cruel man and fans the flames of war, bringing about the Faith Militant Uprising (more information can be found here).
    ►[ b]45 AC[/b]: King Maegor I declares war against the Faith Militant, slaughtering thousands and turns his own people against him. He is dubbed Maegor the Cruel.
    47 AC: Aegon rebels against Maegor I Targaryen, garnering support and unifying all rebelling factions. Aegon is slain, but Jaehaerys I is proclaimed king and backed by the Seven Kingdoms and the Faith, continuing the battle against Maegor the Cruel.
    48 AC: As the battle wages, Maegor I commits suicide on the Iron Throne. He is found with slit wrists. Jaehaerys I, later known as Jaehaerys the Wise, is crowned King of Westeros.
    49 AC: Jaehaerys I, while still a young king, is shown to be a fair-minded individual, though his rule is still tumultuous.

AU EVENTS:

50 AC:
    ► Jaehaerys I is assassinated with poison and the culprit is not discovered. Westeros is segregated into seven kingdoms. Vaelys I takes the throne; he is a stern king.
    ► King Jon II Stark establishes an alternative trade route with Lord Cunaris Vastime and King Maceo I Lannister. The kingsroad is built through the newly established Havenport, leading to the dissatisfaction of House Reed.
    ► Maceo I Lannister is accused of assassinating the king; he is sentenced not guilty through trial by combat. King Jon II Stark represents Maceo I and defeats Ser Viserys Targaryen.

51 AC:
    ► Vaelys I successfully creates the kingsroad, though certain areas are still incomplete. He cleans out the sewage from King's Landing, leading to improved relations between kingdoms. He declares himself a servant of the Seven and politically assassinates all those who oppose his name.
    ► House Targaryen's dragon pit suspiciously fall into sickness, killing many of the Targaryen dragons. There are only three survivors, Balerion, Vermithor, and Vhagar. The dragon eggs are unaffected.
    ► Maceo I and Vaelys I establish a peace treat with one another.
    ► Princess Astris Martell leaves Dorne. Crown Prince Luis Martell recovers from his disease, though his health is in a worse state than ever before.
    ► A Grand Council is created to represent the interests of each kingdom. The creation of the Knights of the Seven is also established alongside the Grand Council.

52 AC:
    ► The kingsroad is complete between all kingdoms, except Dorne.
    ► There has been increased volatility between Essos and Westeros; the Iron Bank is considering potential investments within certain kingdoms for trade.
    ► The Faith Militant has lost much of its power, but the High Septon continues to maintain powerful sway. Extremist factions have died down significantly.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll