WELCOME Guest!
Realm of the Seven is an Alternate Universe RP site based on George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. Set 250 years before the events of A Game of Thrones, this site takes place in the aftermath of the assassination of Jaehaerys I Targaryen, and the break of Targaryen rule over the Seven Kingdoms.Take the role of a lord, a citizen, or a mere drifter in a land that struggles to rebuild itself with the uncertainty of allegiances and political strife around the corner. This site is for members above the age of 18.
SITE OPENING! - ICEBREAKER EVENT & AD CONTEST

Add Reply
New Poll

the phantogram
 Posted on: Feb 5 2018, 01:41 PM
NPC
HOUSE
TARGARYEN
AGE 15
BLOOD STATUS HIGHBORN
OCCUPATION KING
CAPITAL
the dread impaler vaelys i targaryen
The wine in his pitcher had been almost empty. It's spice and mulled berry content, tart finish, and otherwise rather placid taste reminded him of how long this meeting had already been. Vaelys was not good with alcohol, he simply drank so that the words seemed to cut less into his worries, a bad habit, to be sure, but it works when one had little to sacrifice to the nameless, faceless peons.

"So that concludes the costs." Said the master of coin. "The kingsroad has put a damper on our coffers, but with the current contributions from the other kingdoms, the gold will be back double." Vaelys did not care about gold, or for the matter, the wellbeing of the city. But he had made a promise to take the reins, and it came from those whom he cared for. With a resign sigh, the young king followed up. "How many houses continue to refuse to pay their taxes to the alliance?"Vaelys queried.

"At the moment your grace, the Westerlands and the Reach seem to provide the bulk of the weight in contribution. the Vale provides, but they do not see the purpose and have been troubling, since they receive the least benefit from such a road. The North is progressing as expected, snow is hard to plow through, and the Riverlands continue to bicker amongst themselves about rights. Dorne refuses, outright." Vaelys's hands tightened around his cup. "Dorne has few obligations to the crown, that is to be expected. We must reign in th Riverlands. But we will convene that two days from now." Vaelys rapped his knuckle against the Council table. "Thank you my lords. You are dismissed."

As the council began to retreat, one by one, Vaelys continued to stare blankly into the council table. Before the last person left however, he spoke out. "Ameylia, can you stay behind?" Vaely's voice rose, just slightly. His eyes transferred over to his Mistress of Whispers.

Ameylia Targaryen was a new addition to his council. Beautiful and deadly, she made for a brutal and vicious spymaster, exactly what the young king needed t bring lords to heel. She was silent, effective, and most of all, Vaelys knew she was loyal, to him, and to the Targaryen dynasty. But that was not why she was a council member. The maiden was his older sister, his caring aunt, his lover, and he needed her at the moment.

His purple eyes wandered to meet her own violets. "..." Silence filled the room as Vaelys paused before he spoke. "I am tired." He spoke, as if in admission. "Of being here, talking to sycophants and bloodsuckers." Vaelys's fingers fidgeted slightly, his eyes wandered towards his desk, before back towards Ameylia. "And bearing the burden of my brother's sins. I... want a break." He cleared his throat. "Do you have a meeting tonight? I would like to have dinner with you."

Posted on: Feb 6 2018, 10:36 PM
Crownlands
HOUSE
TARGARYEN
AGE 26
BLOOD STATUS HIGHBORN
OCCUPATION RETAINER
CAPITAL

Things were going as to be expected. Those with the coin happily paid their taxes, while the others either fumbled with it or outright did not. All this to keep a single road open. A single road that ran from on end of the realms to the other that many people used on a daily basis. Yes, it was the Crownlands' obligation to keep it maintained, but the help from the other regions helped immensely, whether or not the peons of the other regions knew it or not.

Sitting quietly in her chair, Ameylia listened to all, but said little. She need not even open her eyes to know how all this greatly bothered Vaelys. The young man was acting a position that required him to be far more mature than most his age. While he carried himself well, there was still much that he was too inexperienced with, or simply ignorant about to handle on his own. That was where she came in, offering him advice and counsel when it was required, teaching him that which he would otherwise not bother asking about. Ameylia existed solely for him and his betterment. That was the mindset of the woman, who's attention was called.

Violet eyes drifted open, a soft smile playing her lips. She hadn't moved an inch as the others began to leave, always wishing to be the last to part with Vaelys. "Of course, your grace." Ameylia said with a soothing voice. She waited until there were none in the Small Council chamber but the two of them, listening to his words, and rose from her seat. "Even if I did, I would tell them another day, if that was what my kind wished. Thankfully, I've no such meetings to cancel." The manner is which she walked looked as if she was gliding right to him, slow and steady. His admission was more than enough to make his feelings known. He wanted an escape, to feel as though the weight of leading a country was not on his shoulders for a time. The violet eyed woman was more than willing to assist in that matter.

"It would be my honor, Vaelys, to dine with you." said Ameylia in a hushed tone as she moved to stand beside him. A hand was raised, brushing aside the hair that insisted on covering his beautiful eyes. For a moment, she seen both Vaelys' amethyst hues before her hand trailed down to cup his cheek. Leaning in, she pressed her lips upon his forehead, pulling back to smile softly at him. "Tonight, I am all yours."

© Seb-bie
 Posted on: Feb 7 2018, 12:41 PM
NPC
HOUSE
TARGARYEN
AGE 15
BLOOD STATUS HIGHBORN
OCCUPATION KING
CAPITAL
Vaelys's eyes watched as his mistress of whispers speak in response, his gaze meeting her own amethyst eyes in response. "Oh, okay... good, that is good to hear." He said, suddenly finding a need to drink his wine, he sippped the contents of his goblet as she moved towards him.

Vaelys felt her slender fingers part away shaggy, silver locks, and felt her lips press against his forehead. Vaelys had few who would be comfortable enough to touch him on the spot as such, but Ameylia was one of very few whom he trusted enough to do so. His eyes wandered down her fully fledged frame before meeting her eyes. As she pulled backwards, the king's hand moved towards her collar, pulling her back down towards him, and pressing his lips to hers, gently marking her lower lips with his teeth. He would not be satisfied with just a gesture of warmth.

He quickly composed himself afterward, standing from his seat. "I will have a servant come to your chambers afternoon then," Vaelys spoke, his eyes not deviating from his paramour's beautiful face. While he did not have much love for the people, it was the fact that women like Ameylia existed that he found solace in the world's existence, at the moment. "You are kind Ameylia, for having indulged me for so long." He tried to force a smile, but perhaps it went out awkwardly. "Please wear something nice, I would like that very much."

And with that, he walked away from the council.

Several hours later, the sun had begun to set against the backdrop of King's Landing. While the place was still dirty in the lower slums, the fact that this used to be a hovel of a city no longer seemed true, as legitimately clean quarters and a view of the Blackwater provided the backdrop against the royal chambers.

Vaelys seated himself on a couch, reading a scroll of unimportant matters, some lord who had requested additional funds. In his right hand held a fine blade, shining silver, with a simple handle of mahogany wood, it's blade tinted with ripples of dark grey. Vaelys ran the blade through the text, it's edge cleanly swiping through the paper as though it were wind. His greatsword, Blackfyre, was the same, nothing held an edge like Valyrian Steel, capable of shredding steel as if cloth.

Vaelys wrapped the edge in dragon leather, placing the weapon into a small, jeweled box and closed the contents. His thoughts anxious, as he awaited his guest.

Posted on: Feb 9 2018, 04:14 PM
Crownlands
HOUSE
TARGARYEN
AGE 26
BLOOD STATUS HIGHBORN
OCCUPATION RETAINER
CAPITAL

The manner in which Vaelys always seemed to mask his embarrassment with little things, such as sipping from his goblet, always struck the older Targaryen as adorable. There were several things, in fact, that had her believing her king to be one of the most adorable things to walk the earth. There was no doubt in her mind that he would grow to become a fine man that many would respect.

It was she, however, that had the pleasure of seeing Vaelys for the man that he was now. The act of the young king grasping her collar and puling her down towards him wasn't unexpected. Ameylia knew how his temperament changed on occasion, and wished not to step over toes and displease him. If he wished for more, than Vaelys would know better than anyone that Ameylia would be pleased to serve him. As his lips crashed against her, the Mistress of Whispers returned the gesture, unable to resist the grin that spread across her lips at the King's eagerness. The feeling of his teeth grazing her lip caused her to shiver excitedly, exhaling as they parted.

"I merely wish to indulge in my own desires, your grace," Ameylia teased him with a smirk. "It just so happens that our desires walk a similar path, side-by-side." There was a soft chuckle at the forced smile. He tried so hard, sometimes. Rubbing her thumb against his cheek, she leaned in for one more kiss before pulling away and standing. "But as you wish, I will wear only my best for you." As Vaelys left the council chambers, the young woman gave a light curtsy, and was off on her way as well.

She passed the time through various means. Listening to her little birdies chirping into her ear, and following up on a few matters that she could address quickly. Once that was finished, she returned to her chambers and began to ready herself for dinner with the king. For the most part, Ameylia was fine with readying herself. For such a spontaneous occasion, however, she allowed her handmaid to assist her. The dainty creature had a hard time with helping the Targaryen into her dress, but her fingers were well equipped for carefully handling her mistress' long silvery locks.

Just as she had finished, with Ameylia giving praise were it was due, there was a knock on her door. It had been Vaelys' servant, come to guide her to the King's chambers which she happily obliged. The looks that she received for her questionable taste in fashion, so readily showing off parts of her body, went completely ignored. Their gazes meant nothing so long as her king appreciated the choice she had made. Following close behind the servant until they had arrived, Ameylia knocked on the door before her. Not waiting for an answer, the woman stepped inside to see the young man closing the box that held his beloved sword, Blackfyre, and the slice parchment that lay on the floor some feet away.

Gliding up to her king, Ameylia stepped up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. He may have been younger, but his height was on par with hers. "I pray nothing imperative is going to take you away from me." she whispered into his ear, hot breath brushing against the skin of his neck.

© Seb-bie
 Posted on: Feb 10 2018, 01:48 PM
NPC
HOUSE
TARGARYEN
AGE 15
BLOOD STATUS HIGHBORN
OCCUPATION KING
CAPITAL
Vaelys looked at the knife in his hands, imagining it slitting the throat of his enemies. A sword was nobility and war, but a knife-- a knife was subtlety and efficiency. Truly he could not think of a better-suited weapon. His thoughts, however, were distracted by the feeling of soft breasts pressed against his back, and immediately his cheeks turned pink. "Yes." He replied, rather abruptly, unsure of what needed to be said. He shot his eyes towards the door, the servant knew better than to distract them at this point.

The king stood awkwardly for a while. He enjoyed the touch of her body so close to him, he held his hand to clasp against his mistress's and turned around. His first impression was the sheer daringness of her dress, beautiful and sultry, seductive, and suggestive. Dornish, perhaps, in design, or a more elaborate Reach dress that showed off the assets of a woman.

The king pinched his lips together, "That... looks good on you." Was what he could muster. Ameylia was a beautiful woman, few would ever deny that, but the dress suggested something to come. And as much as he appreciated the beauty of the dress if things went as he would like, they were going to be on a pile by the floor at the end of the night.

Holding the box with one hand and his hand in the other, he turned her palm towards him and placed the box on top. "This is--" He paused, he did not know the name of the weapon. It was a personal belonging of his grandfather, he did not know the name. "This belonged to my grandfather." He spoke, staring into Ameylia's eyes. "I want you to have it, use it to kill my enemies, and to protect yourself."

Valyrian steel was rare, but to the young king, it hardly meant anything. The young king was no powerful warrior, and certainly no assassin. He would rather give it to someone he trusted, cared for, and could wield it. And to that end, a dagger as sharper than sin would be more suited for his spymistress.

Vaelys cleared his throat. "Let's have dinner." He said, clapping his hands twice in the air. Ser Lorence, the kingsguard from outside, entered his chambers, "Your grace?" He spoke. "We're ready for dinner. Tell a servant to prepare it for us." "At once your grace."

Vaelys took Ameylia's hand and moved towards the balcony. He had hoped the sounds of the outside, and distance from the door would allow them some breathing room as well as privacy. The balcony overlooked the construction of King's Landing, as well as the Blackwater Bay. It was hard to think of the city as being just a hovel 50 years past when it had become so vibrant over the past few years.

"Tell me Ameylia," He began, "As spymistress, do you sometimes feel any sadness, or guilt, for killing a man?" The young boy gently flexed his fingers, "Not ordering a man to their death, physically ending their life, watching as it passes from their eyes. Moments prior, perhaps they would be begging you to spare them, and then afterward, nothing, emptiness. Do you feel anything?"

Posted on: Feb 13 2018, 10:41 PM
Crownlands
HOUSE
TARGARYEN
AGE 26
BLOOD STATUS HIGHBORN
OCCUPATION RETAINER
CAPITAL

The reaction that she received to the sudden gesture was enough to cause Ameylia to giggle. For all his royalty, and all his obligations, Vaelys had still yet to master the ability to keep himself composed. When it was just the two of them in a space, and no one else to see, she didn't see the harm in seeing the adorable moments of weakness.

A brief moment passed with him remaining wrapped up in her arms, a moment the Targaryen woman felt was far too short. She let the thought go upon seeing the look that her attire was given. She had picked it out especially for him, and was pleased to see him marvel at it. So much so that she couldn't fight the smile that graced her lips. "Does it please you?" She asked, receiving a reply that drew one more chuckle from her lips. "I'm glad. It'd be terrible if I wore something that didn't please my king." she said in earnest.

Until the moment her palm was upturned, Ameylia didn't give the box much thought, simply figuring it to be one more useless item that belonged to the royal line of Targaryens for Vaelys to sort through and do away with. Lo and behold, she was correct on part of her assumption. With the box in her hand, Ameylia turned amethyst eyes from the young king's to the object in her hand and opened the lid to it, listening to him as he spoke. Within lay a simple dagger, but the Argent Dragoon knew very well what Valyrian steel looked like. A broad smile crossed painted lips at the gift that lay in her hands. She returned her hues to his and gave a firm nod of her head. "Of course, Vaelys. I shall keep it with me always, to wield and cherish." She hummed in delight, closing the box and clutching it to her chest.

Ameylia would have showered the young man with affection, but he had instead called for the servants and the moment had passed. Her fingers tightened around his own as she was led away to the balcony. The view of the city beneath them and the bay just beyond that, it was beautiful, especially as the sun began to set along the horizon. Violet hues peered out over the city that she overseen alongside the man beside her, turning away only as a voice called out to her.

a short moment passed as she pondered an answer. "As your spymistress, killing a man is not necessarily within the job description. The spymaster is typically tasked with gathering intel, compiling information, sifting through gossip and lies for the truth, and relaying it all to the king who would then make the decision as to how to handle the various news. As a servant loyal to you and your betterment, however, I happily take on any task I may need to, to assist you. It just so happens that there are some people that are better off dead, and I would easily kill them twice if I need be." The bittersweet smile that was placed upon her lips were once more turned out towards the city. "Those I kill had brought the fate upon themselves, and no amount of begging would ever change that. I suppose that it eases my heart knowing that they are a threat to the kingdom, or that you specifically requested their lives. I won't deny that I find some pleasure in performing the act. As I was raised as both a lady and a warrior, taking lives bothers me not. Rest assured, however, that I'd never do so without proper cause."

A breeze tussled Ameylia's long silvery locks, prompting her to look to Vaelys once again. "Has there been something troubling you, that would cause such a question to arise?" She asked, genuinely curious as to the answer. The last thing she wanted was to cause the young man a reason to distance himself from her. Or perhaps he had done something himself, and was seeking a means of justifying the action.

© Seb-bie
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll