CLICK

ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

CHAPTER | Just Take Me Anywhere, Vicarys Targayren
Astris Martell
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 06:29 AM
QUOTE.  

Wildflowers rot in the shade.

A figure swayed and stumbled along in bare feet. Her dress had been ripped for better mobility. A Lords cloak about her shoulders. Long dark hair free from any previous restrictions she had placed on it. Like a disorientated moth fluttering towards a flame, Astris made her way to the docks. The ride to Kings Landing had surpassed whatever memories she had of her childhood. Where she sailed about Sunspear with her family. She could never be sure that the memories were true. As there were children there that she couldn’t place now. Getting to experience the sea breeze rippling through her hair. The bob of the waves. How the setting sun bounced off the water surface. She’d devoured it all. Almost completely ignoring her travelling companion. In favour of not missing a single moment of the journey.

Was that why she felt the need to return to the boat? This was an evening of revelation about how she was perceived. Not engaging in conversation because it interfered with her experience was a deplorable thing to say. She had done it though. Without a second thought. “Rude and selfish!” She shouted the words at the silhouette of the boat. Of course, it didn’t reply because it wasn’t alive.

She didn’t want to care anymore. Really just wanted to be relieved of the horrible feeling she had. Vicarys Targayren’s ship was alive with its slight crew. Hurriedly preparing to leave port. Astris frowned in her drunken state and lurched behind a stone wall to hide herself. Where were they going in such a hurry? Did she really care? Anywhere was better than here right now. She had faith that as soon as the boat left port with her on it her mood would pick itself up. Eyelids heavily blinking she eyed up a way to get on the deck without being seen. Sure Vicarys had offered her passage here but there had been nothing said about not being able to leave without her. Lazily regarding the scene, she noticed someone loading crates. The Princess grinned. What was a trip to Kings Landing without taking a little of it home….where did Vicarys live? Shaking her head Astris tried to concentrate on what was important. She quickly surveyed all the cargo being loaded while the man was nowhere to be seen and found a large wine barrel.

Such a waste of good wine.

But if I drink it I might fall asleep in the barrel and that….doesn’t sound fun.

She pulled out one of the long thick metal needles she always carried. Usually sewn into her clothing. Using it to ruin the seal on the barrel. Draining most of the wine. Tipping the now lighter barrel helped pour the rest out. Astris did maybe dipped her fingers in a few times But shh don't tell anyone.

Once there was only enough wine to cover her feet she removed Gwyn’s cloak and folded it neatly to be carried. Her dress was going to be stained by the red but she was going to try her hardest not to ruin what she had stolen. “Rude, Selfish and a thief.” Rattling off a drunken grumble she climbed into the barrel and dropped the lid down. If anyone had been watching they might have had a laugh over the fact it took her an awfully long time to get in. She spread her feet as wide as she could thinking of this debacle as a way to train. She’d been trying techniques to increase her precision. Balance was a form of that right? When she was confident she had been placed on the deck. She had to grin impishly. Would she be able to listen in on conversations from here? .

tag: @mercury Word Count: 634 // credit: below the sun
PM.
^
vicarys targaryen
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 05:16 AM
QUOTE.  

Vicarys always felt better standing on softly-rocking wood than firm ground, but he'd never been quite this relieved to be readying a ship to leave King's Landing.

Shouts of discontent from the last two workers bringing the wine barrels aboard made him look back from the sinking sun with a frown. Apparently this one was harder to balance than the others? Some urchin or smugglers stealing cargo no doubt - the full ones were relatively stable - but there was no need to waste sea time on spilt wine. He ordered the men away to cast off and went to inspect it.

Definitely tampered with. Not only had the wine been let out through a hole in the side, but the seal on the top was torn. Perhaps they'd tried to fill it back up with water?

"Good winds for heading south, cap'n," came the rough tones of his Essosi first mate. The priestess' red hair looked orange in this light and for a moment, he wanted nothing more than to turn them back to her homeland, back to Pentos where every noble had a food taster.

"We're heading north."

"North?"

"I've a meeting to make near Dragonstone."

The red priestess' eyes narrowed but she nodded before heading back to the wheel, "North it is."

Something in the barrel shifted, or at least, he thought he heard it. Vicarys spun around. The broken seal caught his eye again and this time he popped the lid off, heaving it as far as he could in one motion before backing up in case whatever was inside was more dangerous that water.

What he saw within made him stare. Definitely not water.
"Lady Astris?" his mouth opened and closed like a fish before he reached in to try and help her out, "Were your quarters on our way here really so bad that you prefer a wine barrel?"

How much had she heard of him commandeering the royal ship entrusted to him for a private meeting? With the throne in the state it was, it was unlikely anyone would find time to scold him, but he was at loathe to think of her holding anything over his head. Once again, Vicarys wished he was headed to Essos, away from the mess Jaehaerys had left them.

PM.
^
Astris Martell
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 06:21 AM
QUOTE.  

Astris had never been a very good student. She went through stages of being completely fixated on one past-time and then with the turning of the wind would tire of it. Being well aware of her wandering attention span she had tried to invent as many different ways as possible to train her precision. She was fast but that meant nothing if she couldn’t get a needle to land perfectly. The barrel proved to be a formidable opponent in her intoxicated state. While the Princess was a mastermind at sneaking into places when sober. Intoxicated to the point of Nirvana surrounded by sweet smelling exotic wine. Astris spent more time wondering if licking her hiding place was a bad idea than she did paying attention to how well she had planned this.

When dimming orange light announced itself from above her it took Astris a moment before she lifted her head. Who was he talking to? Lady? There was no lady here. Her eyes were wide, reading every inch of his face that would come into focus. Rising from her crouched down position, wine-stained fingers carefully gripped the edge of the barrel. “Wouldn’t it be unladylike of me to ashsume that our deal spread beyond….” Astris stopped. Losing her train of thought completely. “I jus’ didn’t think you’d want me on board. Not that I at all expected that we would both want to leave this fucking place at the same time.” She teetered in the barrel. The fumes in the enclosed space were making her head spin.

Why would he deny her passage to Esso’s so many times but tonight it was different? He wasn’t going where she should be going. Home. Though many of the people who made it feel that way were here. It was this place. She’d decided there was something off about Kings Landing. Astris didn’t like it. At all. “Lesh drop the act. I’m no Lady and you’re just Vicarys to me.” He was the ship that sailed in harbour and offered everything Astris dreamed of. An escape.

“It’s no fun being a Lady anyway but you know what’s worse?…being in a barrel.” She took several deep breaths and then unfurled Gwyn’s cloak over the side of the barrel. “Can you take this? My dress is ready for a sea funeral but the cloak isn’t mine.” The ship shuddered and then jerked ever so slightly. More than enough for a drunk girl to feel it. Astris squealed and then burst into a jingle fit of giggles. “Will they mind at Dragonstone if I’m naked?” .

tag: @mercury Word Count:432 // credit: below the sun
PM.
^
vicarys targaryen
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 01:48 AM
QUOTE.  

Apparently nothing made the formalities drop like the death of your king; this was the second time in as many nights that someone had abandoned the 'Lord' in front of his name. He could appreciate the sentiment, even if it did come through those pretty lips slurred and book-ended by drunken giggles. The only title he had ever felt comfortable in was Captain anyway. But it didn't change the situation.

If only he were drunk too. Vicarys dropped the cloak atop another wine barrel without much consideration and sprung to catch Astris as she pulled herself from the barrel at the same time a wave rocked the deck. Her words and manner brought a snort from him despite the dourness of the circumstances.

"Well, my not-Lady Astris, I can think of no more welcome entrance to those cold walls. However, omitting - or in my case, mistaking - a title between friends cannot excuse us of our positions," he motioned for his first mate and ordered the ship to turn back to harbour before they left the Blackwater, "All Lords, Ladies, and Princesses in attendance of the Feast are under orders to remain there pending investigation of the King's murder. Ferrying you anywhere would be a poor show of support for my cousin."

He tried to smile so his words would sound less like orders. The woman before him was quite removed from the calculating, witty one he was used to navigating at Sunspear. She looked smaller with the wine pasting her dress along the curves of her body. He moved to put the borrowed cloak about her shoulders against the wind but figured she wouldn't accept it for fear of the winestains. Still, the walls of King's Landing would break the wind soon enough; they were already close enough to the docks for him to pick out the glint of armour and a Martel shield. Her escape had not gone unnoticed after all.

"I am sorry, Astris. You've clearly had a trying night, but if it's any consolation, my errand is short," his face darkened for a second at the thought of the purple-eyed girl in the market. Until the crown rested on Vaelys' head, finding her was more important now than ever. Important enough to break the royal decree to remain in King's Landing for himself, though with any luck Astris was too drunk to realise that, "Take care, Princess. We can speak of Essos when I return for the trial."
PM.
^
Astris Martell
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 04:15 AM
QUOTE.  

‘My Astris’ sounds even better. Too many stories about too many time sworn, star-crossed lovers had the drunken Dornish Princess.…swooning. While she had rolled her eyes through most of the tales Agatha liked to tell. When the Lord caught the maiden…she melted a little. Vicarys was talking about responsibility. Some part of her acknowledged that but in that moment she wanted to reel back. Take stock of the scene. Get out her charcoal and clean it up a bit. Re-draw it into something less…wine soaked. A million different reactions ran through her head and it was that pause that stopped her from acting on any of them. He’d done her a favour in the worst way possible. Astris felt a chill crawl up in her bones. Her excitable grin slowly slipped from her lips. He’d essentially doused her in ice. Extinguished any blossoming heat that urged her to reach out with her fingers and trail them down… “What did you say?” Each word sounded hollow. Empty of all feeling.

“Princess!” A bellow came from the shoreline. A Martell guard waved his arms big and wide in her direction and she almo backwards step backward. Swaying softly in indecision. “Jaeherys is…dead?” Nothing that was happening was really sinking in. Only one worm had wiggled its way in to start spreading vile. She’d heard Vicarys blatantly state he was welcoming discussions about Essos. She’d heard the holler of the lightly armoured man on the shore. She’d heard that leaving Kings Landing right now was breaking some decree. The only thing she could focus on however, was the image of those spectacular eyes she had only just been able to link with a person. They were dull now.

She nervously laughed. “Princess Astris!” “That can’t be true.” Then why say it so matter of fact? Like it was common knowledge. Though she couldn’t say she knew an awful lot about Vicarys either she thought a joke of that calibre was in too bad taste even for a boat Captain. “It really can’t be. How can one place….just…destroy…everything?” Tears rolled down her cheeks. There was no need to cry, to twist her face up to generate them. Beads of water just fell off her eyelashes. “Now it even takes someone I loved.” Without even thinking the omission drops freely from her lips. Did she? How could she? She didn’t even know anything about him. Not really. There were stories to be heard about all nobles if one really wanted to go looking. Astris had wanted to find out what he was really like. Yet still knowing she only had assumptions and gossip to construct an image of him from. What she said wasn’t a lie. “PRINCESS!”

Astris screamed right back at him. “NO!” She was assuming he was trying to call her back. That they were both breaking a rule. Staying another second in Kings Landing made her feel nauseous. Not a state to have wash over you when you’re drunk. The guard looked flustered obviously frantic as to how far away the boat was from the dock. Rightly he didn’t want to shout what he needed to. No-one else was around aside from Viscarys, Astris and the crew but he’d rather have just had a normal conversation. Abet a terrifying one.

“An attempt has been made on your Father’s life!”

The Dornish Princesses body language recoiled as if she had been physically hit. Her eyes widened. Her gaze shifted with the speed of a Sand Steed in heavy snow. Settling with a catatonic calm on her Captain. “A short errand you say? How lovely. I’ll accompany you.” .

tag: @mercury Word Count:605 // credit: below the sun
PM.
^
vicarys targaryen
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 11:30 PM
QUOTE.  

Oh. She hadn't known. Was there a worse way to inform someone - someone who had loved his cousin no less - that her king was dead and her kingdom in pieces? He would spare her the latter for now at least. By the looks of her, the news that Dorne now had six neighbouring kingdoms instead of one might be the final straw.

An ugly hate for the walled-off capital his father had grown swelled in him as he caught sight of tear tracks down her cheeks in the moonlight. This place was a poison in itself, and he hated every brick. If he hadn't thrown in behind Jaehaerys two years ago, the city might have been his birthright now, and yet it seemed to hate him right back. In a single week it had dredged up an old grudge in Sybelle, turned him against Aimeric and brought him the half-sister he never wanted, only to help her slip through his fingers out into the world to cause more headaches if left unchecked. He almost wished Maegor hadn't stopped at just burning the Sept of Remembrance.

Vicarys's heart fell at the news tossed up by the Martel guard. His plans for Dragonstone were a family matter, and one with the potential to be rather heated at that - not something to invite a shellshocked princess to, but in that moment he could no more set her back on the docks than he could make himself step foot back on that desecrated ground. Not for the first time, he wondered if the rumours of an arrival that he was to chase to Dragonstone was a reason or a convenient excuse.

Waving a hand at his annoyed first mate, he muttered a final set of orders to resume their initial course north to Dragonstone, and watched alarm spread across the faces of the Martel party on the docks.

"Yes. Yes, I think you will," he heard himself say above the warning in his head that the circumstances had not changed - that she was still a princess under decree and he was still smuggling her away, even if not to Essos.

"Come, Astris," reaching for her hand with an uncertain, pitying look, "The captain before me was quite generous with himself; you'll find my quarters have as good a bed as any castle's to sleep off the drink, though I can't do much for the ship's sway. What do you say we leave the thinking for tomorrow?"

PM.
^
Astris Martell
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 03:45 AM
QUOTE.  

Astris’ bottomless eyes shifted sluggishly over to the hand outstretched toward her. Then slowly moving to the inky liquid of the water between the boat and the dock. Half of her pushed her forward. With all that had been said to her this evening could she really just run away like a little girl? She saw herself in her minds eye take a dramatic leap off the side of the deck. Crashing into the sea and scrambling ungracefully back to the shore. When she snapped back to reality she was still standing upon the vessel. Vacantly staring at the water.

Too much to process. Especially with a head muddled with alcohol. Every option didn’t feel safe, didn’t feel right. This was not a time to think logically. Astris just didn’t have the capacity anyway. She always made decisions based on her heart. Emotions ruling over her head. That was all amplified when she was intoxicated. Almost always a liquor-fuelled evening was filled with laughter and mischievous antics.

Not this. Never this.

Her chest swelled with a pain that could be attributed to many things. Astris disliked the look on Vicarys face. One that she had spent so much time trying to wash from those at Sunspear. She didn’t want anyone to feel sorry for her. Didn’t want them to worry. Eventually, she feared that it would rub off on her. That she would start analysing herself. Not much fucking point in shrugging it off after the evening she’d had now. Thinking about her actions, why she acting the way she did and how it affected and was seen by others was now forefront in her mind. Nothing could make her feet move. Nothing could make her cannonball off the ship towards the guard. Astris took Vicarys’ hand. Her grip ghostly in his.

“Thank you.” Astris barely ever said those words with the conviction she did in that moment. “I’m sorry.” Nor those two either. She was a shade of herself right now and though she suspected in the morning she might look back and feel embarrassed, disgusted and even a little horrified in how she was appearing right now, her bare feet shifted away from the edge of the boat. Curling into a ball and shutting out the world sounded much better than any other suggestion. “Do you have dream wine?” .

tag: @mercury Word Count:392 // credit: below the sun
PM.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.   ADD REPLY.  FAST REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

a resource community face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED All of Me ♥ Ataraxy Avalon a Panfandom RP Simple and Clean STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Yuri Roleplay Rise of the Believers DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay FABLE Fallen Kismet: Let Fate Connect You RAINBOW CONNECTION realm of the seven realm of the seven realm of the seven

welcome back,