CLICK

ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

the singing towers, ft. ulrick dayne
ASLAUG BARATHEON
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 07:10 AM
QUOTE.  

of knights in shining armor and damsels in distress
The inn was brimming with life that particular evening, yet there was one particular table that seemed to be the center of the party. A lady, clad in a relatively dirty dress that left one wondering about her status, slammed the empty mug of ale on the wooden table, earning a well-deserved merry laughter from a few guards that bore the sigil of House Caron on their shields and on their armor.

"M'lady Aslaug, ye can't hold yer liquor very well, can ye?" One of them said, causing thunderous laughter from a table nearby where a handful of Baratheon guards were carefully keeping an eye on their lady while having a bit of a break themselves. Who knew what sort of wolves waited for an easy prey.

But it was not the dress that gave it away that she was no ordinary lowborn, nor the disheveled hair that was one put up into an intricate braid, not even the delicate hands that were not used to hard work - it was, unfortunately, her lack of knowledge about the world. That, and the fact that one of the Caron guards couldn't keep their mouth shut. "Would ya lookit that, the little Stag did it, she drank it all and is still standing!"

"I'll have you know that a little bit of ale is not enough to get someone drunk." And she stood, a tinge of Baratheon in her stance, in her attitude - she kept her head high and her back straight, even though she was slightly tired from all the conversations she'd made with Lord Caron on the importance of having a better, more prepared garrison here in the south, so close to the border with Dorne.

Still, even she might've had a bit too much as she nearly lost her footing and, as she struggled to stand up, grabbed onto someone's cloak and pulled at it, just enough to keep herself from falling. That wouldn't have been very ladylike, even Aslaug understood that. "N-nice cloak. Where'd you get it from?" She managed to mumble, albeit embarrassed, while the Caron guards barely kept a straight face as they headed off to join the Baratheon guards at the nearby table.

Hopefully she wasn't going to get into too much trouble. She was going to get in trouble when she got home anyway for prolonging her stay in this gods forsaken place where danger could come from any direction, but mostly from Dorne.

BY MITZI
PM.
^
ULRICK DAYNE
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 04:37 AM
QUOTE.  

rick
He had hoped to not enter into any Stormlands territory on the way to the capital, still, having to force Dancer to ride two days across the desert as opposed to a brief stop at the inn was too much. He simply needed to be incognito, for now. To mask his presence, he had bought a pair of uniforms, simple ones that disguised them as sellswords.

He swapped clothes with his squire, and left Dawn in his care, to be transported to the capital. He held his swordbreaker and an arming sword of no particular note, and dressed himself in somewhat standard clothes. He did not look like a sellsword, to be honest, his blonde kept hair, blue eyes and clean skin were not traditional sellsword features, but neither did he look like a Dayne, or a Dornishman for that matter. He hoped his face was not recognizable.

By the time he had entered the inn, it was already raucous, which meant that he was not as easily recognized, a man with a sword was necessary around these parts, but all knew the place to be a neutral ground, no blood spilled near the inns, they werecenterpoints for trade and commerce on both sides. Ulrick seated himself by the stool, his house guard and settled outside, like him, dressed as common ellswords for the duration of their stay in this land.

The ale here was bitter, but his parched throat could not tell much of a difference. He simply observed the scenery around him, and in the midst of it all was an uncommon site. A beautiful girl, gold blonde hair disheveled, with regal features, celebrating with the men of House Caron, the emblems of nightingales on their epaulets.

Were they about to take advantage of her? It seemed likely, get a girl drunk enough so that she wouldn't remember that they had their way wit hher, a very common tactic for soldiers. Men who were hungry for attention after an ugly march would often go to a brothel, here, there were less brothels, more soldiers, and beautiful girls were rare enough. As the lady, Aslaug, walked his way, he could tell that she was about to stumble, and by reflex, as she grabbed his cloak, so too did his arms spring outwards, catching her fall. "Easy, milady." He replied, chuckling.

"Are you alright?" He asked, as he observed her features. She looked like a Lannister, and by all accounts, she could have been, but he did not comment on such. "Were those men there troubling you?"

PM.EMAIL.  
^
ASLAUG BARATHEON
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 05:11 AM
QUOTE.  

He looked stunning, the epitome of a fancy Lannister with a mind as sharp as the blue of his eyes and Aslaug had to make a mental note to pray for forgiveness for the thoughts that may of may have not crossed her silly little mind. But tomorrow. She was supposed to live in the present. "The guards? Not at all. I'd have been lost without them in these last few days, they're so very helpful and nice!" She said as she steadied herself. Now that she thought about it, what if he was a Lannister? Then again, one couldn't simply assume things, she might've looked like a Lannister too, but that didn't mean she was one.

"By the gods, forgive me, I'm so terribly stupid- how would you like something to eat? A drink? It's all on me, don't worry." She waited for no permission, outright invading his personal space to get a hold of his arm and give him a gentle pull towards her table where she had spend most of the evening. They had reached an agreement eventually, the Baratheon and the Caron, and even though father was most likely not going to be overly proud of his least loved creation, he was going to give credit where it was due. Right?

She wanted to believe that. Something good could come out of this, Aslaug wanted to think that, despite the world having such terribly strange patterns. She didn't understand all that, but the blonde knew that, underneath it all, father must've loved her, even if just a little bit. He was just rough on the outside, had to keep up the tough lord impression.

"You look tired, ser. Have you traveled a lot?" She asked him, a fondness in her words that was often there whenever she spoke of adventures, of tales, of legends. Who knew what sort of adventures he'd been through? Maybe he valiantly fought a sand creature belonging to an old, craven witch who would've gnawed on his bones, but he eventually saved the girl and rode off into the sunset, escaping the angry witch. And after he dropped the girl off, he wandered into the first inn that he stumbled upon, the scent of rabbit stew and the sound of joyous laughter pulling him in.

She did that far too often, the daydreaming thing.

"Tell me, how've you been?" She asked him like a friend would ask another, a smile on her lips as she took a seat at her table and motioned for him to sit beside her.

BY MITZI

PM.
^
ULRICK DAYNE
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 05:03 AM
QUOTE.  

rick
Whoever this stranger was, she was a beautiful girl, and when she looked at him, he felt the familiar spark of fire light up at the base of his stomach and travel to the tips of his ears. He had held her longer than he was anticipated for, in both social context and in terms of personal comfort, but he didn't really care, and neither did she. He just continued to stare into those lovely azure eyes, and almost immediately he could feel the threat coming from the Baratheon soldiers she had just been sitting around with. "That's good to hear milady, don't try to push yourself, you're already wobbling." Far be it for a 'sellsword' to give advice on drunkenness, but just because he was pretending to be one didn't mean he had forgotten his vows to knighthood.

"Don't be milady, not often I get to touch a gorgeous highborn without a hand getting cut off." He replied, Ulrick had thought his touching was a bit out of character, but it seemed he was saved by the fact that she moved into his personal space. Being a sellsword, he had no right to refuse her, nor did he want to.

Ulrick seated himself on the table that had been hers for the remainder fo the night. She offered drink and food, and he was happy to take her offer. "I'll gladly have any drink and food you'd like to spare milady, the road has been long and arduous, and the borders between Dorne and the Stormlands are often not safe." He replied. He waved a hand over for a bar maid, "Some more ale, for the two of us, bread, cheese and sausage if you have any." He spoke, before returning his attention to Aslaug. As he spoke to her

"Aye, milady, my journey has been fairly arduous for now. Bandits and raiders on either side of the march have been attacking us, but we've been doing fairly well so far. He replied, "I am surprised you're up this far south, nothing but sand and Dornish bandits raid up the coast to the Stormlands." He replied, his eyes observing her expression.

"Can't complain milady, I do well enough considering what I'm doing. The march is long and weary, but it makes the rest worth it. My name is Ulrick, by the way." Ulrick paused, he did not reveal his last name. He had no desire to instigate wanton bloodhsed, though those who knew of his first name would also know to steer clear from him. "And you? What's your story?" Ulrick leaned against the table, placing a gloved hand against his face, "What's the daughter of Lord Baratheon himself doing so close to the marches?" He paused, a small grin formed on his face, "If you are visiting for trouble milady, I'd say you're venturing quite close to reckless."

PM.EMAIL.  
^
ASLAUG BARATHEON
 Posted: Oct 24 2017, 08:26 AM
QUOTE.  

She'd heard the compliments before, words that sometimes held a hidden meaning that eluded the blonde Baratheon, but she always took them as a gift. She responded, in turn, with a smile that was indeed characteristic of her, a genuine sign of appreciation, of gratitude. He swiftly took the reins of the conversation, ordering the servant girl to bring them food and wine and telling her of the bandits he'd been taking care of and of his name. Ulrick, he said, and she had to ponder whether he was the same Ulrick she'd heard of in the past. Nonsense, she told herself, he'd have no business here, in this gods forsaken place, but the gods seemed to enjoy meddling in almost everything that involved Aslaug.

He addressed her by name and she noticed, from the corner of her eye, how the guards that were tasked with taking care of her were suddenly quiet, the quiet before the storm, she assumed. No storm, however small, would threaten to destroy her evening. Their evening, all of the people gathered there today. She smiled at him, apologetic and slightly embarrassed that he had to see her in such a terrible state, unkempt and kind of tipsy, but happy nonetheless.

And although adventure was something she would never say no to, this time she was a little sad to admit that she was not there for such. "I've had some things to do. Silly things that drain the life out of people, generally." Unless they were particularly fond of boring diplomatic missions. "I've ventured close to reckless before, but that's how life is meant to be lived, ser Ulrick." And even though it might have sounded silly or childish, it was exactly how she felt.

There was no use in trying to hide her identity, she thought, the guards she had taken along there to help her in case something happened, but the blonde did not expect anything bad to happen. Well, aside from getting somewhat drunk, that is.

"This is what I do best, I've been told. Venturing quite close to reckless. My septa would agree with you wholeheartedly." A chuckle accompanied her words just as the servant girl brought back the food and drinks he had requested. "Alas, my life is not as exciting as yours, not even close. I cannot wield a sword, nor can I defeat bandits, unlike you. You fancy the sword, I assume? Or perhaps you're more of a bow person? Daggers do not seem like your thing." It was always fun to guess.

BY MITZI

PM.
^
ULRICK DAYNE
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 10:15 AM
QUOTE.  

The Everdistant Utopia.

tag here
"I'd wager that's more unique way to how life should be lived." Ulrick replied, chuckling at Lady Aslaug's words. He unstrapped the sections of his gauntlets and removed them to the table. Ulrick could imagine how a lady so close to war borders would worry her septa, but in truth he understood too well the pain of having someone close to you venture to reckless areas, nevertheless, it was a spoken in jest, so he smiled. "I see, Lady Aslaug, you seem like the type of girl who enjoys life."

He sipped his ale gingerly, it was good, he could feel the peat in his mouth and the bitter hops, it had been too long on the road, and he needed a refill soon. "Aye, it is fun, for some. Some soldiers are born for the fight. Others... not so much, more often than not my lady, those of us in my profession are just farmhands, cobblers, milk boys of fourteen and fifteen barely tasting of any true goodness in this life before they're shipped into some pointless scuffle between two lords that give less of a shite--" He paused, staring towards the guards, who had been noting his conversation with Aslaug. "--sorry, they oft don't care about the men on the ground."

Ulrick placed his elbows on the table, "I'm sure the your soldiers agree, sometimes, soldiers and bandits are a hair's difference." He chuckled to the lady. "The stories talk about the fancy knights in the golden and silver army, fighting evil lords and men. These boys hear these songs, war seems like the finest adventure of their life.

Then, they get a taste of battle, and most of the time, they're broken by the end. They see their brothers die, they see their friends die, fathers see their sons die. The lord who led them is cut down. They take a wound, and when that's half healed, they get another. Their clothes are all rotting, half the men have dysentery. If they want a pair of new boots, a new helm, they take it from a corpse. And soon they'll take it from the living too, and from that point on, it's a fine line between a bandit and a soldier."

Ulrick leans into the group, looking at the soldiers around him, then to Aslaug. "Then one day, they look around their tent, and they realize their friends are gone. They fight with strangers, killing under a banner of a lord they don't recognize. They don't know who they are, where they are, or how to get home. Yet here he comes, some lord, telling them to form up, and so they pick up their rusty pikes and pitchforks and scythes and stand in a line, and then they die being run down by knights on horses, clad in faceless armour, with only the hooves to bury them."

Ulrick took a sip of ale, having spoken for so long, he hadn't realized how parched he had been through it all. "But aye, it could be fun, at times. If you're in the right company, fighting under someone who gives a damn, and you're lucky enough to live. Though I have a feeling your septa would like you to be away from all this nasty business. Probably why she preferred you in your silks."

Ulrick stuck his tongue out, having heard her second question of his weapon of choice. "Sword is often the sidearm, my lady. Most soldiers will use pikes, spears, gauches, some form of long range weapon that only has one purpose, you stick'em with the point, and you don't need much technique to do it either. Bows are nice, but only if you get in formation and shoot, on horseback it's hard to hit, and so we usually don't use'em unless we have to fire from a flanking route." Ulrick replied, "Aye, but sword-to-sword, that's a noble's way of fighting. That's the knight's weapon. Takes skill and finesse to work the edge alignment of a longsword, needs constant practice, but it has all the tools you'll need and can deal with most situations, if you're smart enough."

Ulrick turned his attention to Aslaug. "Are you heading towards King's Landing for the feast then? Our band could join your group. We could travel together on the road, it'll be safer and with less bandits if there's a larger band of well armed soldiers."

MITZI
PM.EMAIL.  
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.   ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

a resource community face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED All of Me ♥ Ataraxy Avalon a Panfandom RP Simple and Clean STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Yuri Roleplay Rise of the Believers DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay FABLE Fallen Kismet: Let Fate Connect You RAINBOW CONNECTION realm of the seven realm of the seven realm of the seven

welcome back,