CLICK

ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

chapter | afterthoughts, ESFYR & MACEO & JON
ESFYR STARK
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 12:46 PM
QUOTE.  

esfyr

387 words ★ for @Maceo Lannister & @JON STARK ★ ((efsguysfksf))

Had the new Boy King dismissed their meeting? Esfyr supposed so. Well, her brother certainly thought it was over. Once she had given a polite gesture of farewell to the grieving Targaryens and their Grandmaester she was out of the door.

What had happened? Well. Of course, she knew what had happened - someone had poisoned the King for The Seven’s sake. She had just watched it unfold before her very eyes and yet the only thing quelling her utter horror at the sight was the entire incomprehensibility of it. There he had been, speaking his pledge upon her request. Now the boy was no more.

Now she had departed the room, the wish - the command - of the Targaryens, truly began to dawn upon her. Jon would not accompany her and their children away from the Red Keep, away from the madness. ‘We must do as he says’, she had told him. Yes - it was so, for the dragons’ claws had wrapped around each and every one of them; no Lord would be freed until the villain was discovered. A hard medicine to swallow, more bitter than the King’s poison…

...What was she to do, alone in The North, until the time came when her husband would return? Would the Targaryens imprison both he and Maceo? Lord Tully and Lady Arryn, whose horror and anguish had shaken the hall? Lady Tyrell who had called for the Maester? The wretched fiend who had caused this - was such a chaotic reaction their intention? She did not know. But she did know it was far too much to think about at once.

Her eyes flickered up through her lashes to the familiar face at the end of the corridor. Mustering a far plainer tone than her thoughts she acknowledged Maceo, “Lord Brother.” He looked to be waiting. Alone. Why? He should have been with Viviana, no? Or Lanceon? His out of turn actions during the meeting had only served to incriminated the Lannisters with suspicion. Perhaps more questions would be raised if he spoke with any of his children now.

After biting the inside of her lip, partly with nerves and partly in thought, Esfyr sighed and shook her head, addressing her brother once more, “A bloody mess. Though I expect you’re already thinking of how you might clean this up.”

★ VERA
PM.
^
Maceo Lannister
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 02:01 AM
QUOTE.  

A fear he had not felt in a long time grew within Maceo's chest. He had often dreamt of the judgement to come; the myriad of faces cursing his existence, latching out in hopes of dragging him along into the void. It seemed almost an impossible task keeping his subjects in line while this doom whispers into his ears daily, but somehow, through it all, be it due to fortune or the seizing of opportunities, his rule over the westerlands remained unchallenged, and his realm prosperous.

Perhaps he had become too big a beast to swallow whole. That was his goal after all, to leave his children with a fortress of wealth and influence. Yet... in his thoughts now, clawing away at his doubts, was the thought that perhaps his own son was responsible for this... It was something in the way he responded, his pause, and his eagerness to obey...

"I did not do it Esfyr. I need you with me on this." His tone was sincere. "I was on good terms with Jaehaerys. We were talking about developments to the lower city just a week ago. This was not my doing." He held his stare for a moment before looking away. "This is a sorry state he's left us. That Targaryen runt despises me for my past involvement with his uncle." A moderate pause. "If he incriminates us, he will be dealt with."

PM.
^
JON STARK
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 11:54 PM
QUOTE.  

Northerners complained a lot, but when conflict occurred, they acted in unison. It was the way they had been raised, it was the way in which their lives had been fashioned around: unity when it mattered. When snows fall six feet deep, people banded together to survive. And in this instance, when everyone was in panic, the northmen retained their calm.

Death was normal, but a public display of assassination, incriminating everyone, that was different. Jon had given his captains his orders, his step-children, Tala, Aldis, were to head to Lannisport. A hundred men would stay in King's Landing, to guard those who stayed, notably, himself and Maceo. Once the orders were given, he trusted his men to follow through.

Once he was done, he joined up with his wife and his brother-in-law in the corridor. He had caught the vestiges of his last words, "Perhaps we should speak in private, instead of in a corridor." Jon spoke, then turned to his wife. "I've given orders to send the children to head to Lannisport. You will join them Esfyr."

He then turned to Maceo. "Are there nearby rooms that we can speak in private?"

tag » words » notes
love, libby
PM.EMAIL.  
^
ESFYR STARK
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 02:18 PM
QUOTE.  

esfyr

340 words ★ for @Maceo Lannister & @JON STARK ★ ((--))

A sharp intake of breath followed her brother’s words. But before Esfyr could give her reply, Jon’s voice cut across the corridor. Of course, of course, they were in plain sight out there, and the walls had many eyes and ears. She should not have been so careless, but nor was it easy to think clearly after such a horrendous end to the meeting. A cautious hand lifted, fingers pressing to her lips. No further did she speak until ushered along with the two men behind a closed door.

She did not wish to protest her husband’s decision. But - Lannisport? Why ever had he chosen the Westerlands as their destination? Were it up to Esfyr alone she would have stayed at King’s Landing, with the two of them. She wished she could and yet she knew Jon would want her with the children, somewhere far safer than the clutches of the Targaryens. Lannisport, though?

Before she could query that, she needed to give her reply to Maceo. The release of the breath she was holding was a long, strained sigh through her nose. “He is just a boy. I do fear he will act rashly.” What horror the new King must have felt, watching his brother die so violently and so suddenly, right there before his eyes. And anguish would become rage - and those who so much as toyed with the dragons’ fire would burn to death. Esfyr looked Maceo in the eyes and frowned. She didn’t believe the deed was his doing but her beliefs mattered not, particularly when she would soon depart from the Crownlands and have no further involvement with the proceedings. “But... What reason is there to incriminate House Lannister? Asides from…” She made a brief motion with her wrist, distaste filling her mouth as she forced the name out, “...Maegor.” The Wretched Cunt, she would have liked to have added, but stopped herself short.

She sighed again, raising her head towards Jon. “Lannisport, my love? Why do you suppose it would be safer than Winterfell?”

★ VERA
PM.
^
Maceo Lannister
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 11:02 PM
QUOTE.  

Rashness. "That is a concern." Sending Esfyr to Lannisport suggested Jon was on board. "Come." Maceo would lead them upstairs to his chambers, guarded by two red guards.

A large room with a high-vaulted ceiling and a decorative wall separating his work space from his bed. Jon had come here before with Cunaris, so he should be familiar. Maceo walked behind his desk and took a seat, taking in a moment of silence before speaking.

"I have lived my whole life under Targaryen rule. An instrument of prosperity, sometimes death. But King..." He thought on the word. "What my father had lost, I now possess." He looked to Jon. "We are not different."

"The boy may be talented to an extent, but he is young, emotional, and unlearned in the politics of his kingdom. Though unlikely, I cannot rule out the possibility he had planned this to seize the throne for himself, and to rid me in the process. What do you make of all this?"

PM.
^
JON STARK
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 10:07 AM
QUOTE.  

Jon closed the door behind the three, having entered after Esfyr. "It is not far from the Crownlands Esfyr, and until the duration of the trial is over, it is the safest place for you to be without the hard road to Winterfell, we can use the western road to pass through Tully lands without having to be subject to Targaryen roads and take the path to Havenport." Jon explained, alternatively, they could sail past Blazewater and into the North, but that was more treacherous.

"I do not know this Vaelys enough, it is the first time I have seen him." Jon replied, "I don't think they intend to incriminate House Lannister, but you all saw how it went in there, everyone seems to blame Maceo." He looked towards his brother-in-law, a burning worry formed at the base of his stomach. "Tell me brother, honestly, are you the one who did it?" Jon trusted his instincts, in that it wasn't him, but he had to look the man in the eyes to determine him. He could not say he knew Maceo either, considering this was the first time they had spoken face to face, aside from during their brief, and awkward, first meeting.

tag » words » notes
love, libby
PM.EMAIL.  
^
ESFYR STARK
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 10:41 PM
QUOTE.  

esfyr

373 words ★ for @Maceo Lannister & @JON STARK ★ ((--))

Esfyr wrung her hands for a few moments, her nails digging tight into her skin. Indeed the road back to the North was difficult, but couldn’t Winterfell’s safety be worth the risk? If the Targaryens were to incriminate the Lannisters and thus seek vengeance, what would the Boy King choose to do? His anger, sorrow and youth could well blind him; he could sentence the culprit and then have his men march upon the Westerlands the very next day. And that could be long before Jon would join them in Lannisport for the journey back…

She looked upon her husband’s face with a furrowed brow and an ache in her heart. When would she see him again, after her departure? How long would he be kept in the dragons’ claws? Months? Years? And if they saw fit to wreak their vengeance on her brother, irrespective of his involvement… She did not wish to think so - she wished everything would be solved as soon as possible - and yet the worry was there, looming above her like a billowing stormcloud.

“And what if he seeks to attack the Westerlands whilst Maceo is held here, Jon? Whilst you and Lord Vastime and Lord Tully’s son are kept here also? Do you trust they will not make use of this terrible situation?” Do you not suspect this was perhaps a casus belli of their own creation? With such chaos added to that caused by the Faith Militants, the Targaryens had the opportunity - if they chose to take it. Perhaps she was overthinking. Perhaps. But they were Maegor’s blood and her cordiality in the meeting had masqueraded her continuing struggle to trust them.

She sighed. Her emotions were clouding her judgement. Once again she was anxious over a situation that might not manifest itself. One hand clenched by her side she brought the other to pinch the bridge of her nose as she bowed her head a little. The Westerlands were her home. Were the worst to happen she would be able to share her words and visions with her nephew. A Targaryen attack did not necessarily mean a Targaryen victory.

“I will go, as you wish.”

Turning towards her brother, she waited for his reply to Jon’s question.

★ VERA
PM.
^
Maceo Lannister
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 12:22 AM
QUOTE.  

Maceo returned Jon's look. "No." He licked his finger then took a piece of parchment from the side to set before him. Grabbing his ink bottle and pouring a small portion into the holder, Maceo proceeded to take his quill from its stand and dipped it three times. "Jaehaerys trusted me, and heeded my council. Together, our houses worked to return order to the realm, a detail a great many continue to forget." Even now, his cursed nickname remain prevalent among the nobles of the realm; a stain he cannot seem to wash off even with the greatest contributions. He began writing with haste. "I had no motive." But what of his children... A terrifying thought.

"Esfyr," He paused, thinking on the words to best explain his request. "Go to Tybalt. Tell him what you saw." A period of silence would pass before he continued. "Should anything happen to me..." He nodded to himself. "He will know what to do." The gravity of his last line was felt in his voice.

The letter was completed and sealed. Maceo raised it to hand to his sister. "Give this to him, and him alone. Do you understand?" Within it were the details of his pact with the Iron Bank of Braavos, known to no one else until now. Ideally he would've told him himself, but being confined to the keep, there was no other choice but to trust in his sister.

Maceo turned to Jon. "Thank you." Short pause. "For protecting my little sister." A longer pause. This time, in a softer. tone.

"Thank you."

PM.
^
JON STARK
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 04:17 AM
QUOTE.  

Regardless of whether or not Maceo was the perpetrator or not, the fact that so much commotion had been caused would definitely draw attention to him. Especially since the loud, foul mouthed runt of a Targaryen had openly accused Maceo. And it was a sentiment that many lords had of Lannisters as of late.

"They see you as opportunistic and ambitious, that is enough for them to propose any theory to throw you into a hole." Jon remarked, thinking to himself, "People find the easy answer. A lord with a reputation for viciousness and cruelty, who desired to overthrow the Targaryen dynasty and teams up with the Faith Militant to end the dragon's reign." Jon did not find that unreasonable for many to assume. The only issue with it was that if it truly was Maceo, he would have done it in such a way as to not implicate himself.

Or perhaps he used it as a shield from truth, and bypass Occam's Razor. Jon watched as Maceo slipped a letter towards Esfyr. He did not ask questions, or rather, he did not wish to. As much as he wanted to trust his brother-in-law, he knew too little about him. His gut instinct believed that Maceo was agoodperson. But sometimes good people do terrible things for the sake of what they believe, and Maceo seemed to be ruthless enough to be exactly that.

Jon turned towards his wife, "I will write to you while the trial continues my love. I may need your advice in the upcoming days, Southerners are confusing, at times." Jon returned his attention towards Maceo. "Esfyr takes care of me as much as I do her Maceo." He responded. Esfyr was more his partner, rather than something he protected.

It was at that particular moment, that the sound of steel boots, in formation, clinked outside the door. Instinctively, Jon pulled Esfyr to his side, drawing her behind his back, mouthing the words 'hide the letter' to her, before staring at Maceo's stamped letters.

"Lord Maceo." Came a mature, but soft-spoken voice on the other side of the room. "Prince Vaelys has requested that we ask you a few questions. May we come in?" Jon placed his hand at the hilt of his longsword, hidden behind a large fur cloak, he turned towards his wife, then towards his brother-in-law. "They are going to break in." He replied under his breath, "If we do not respond."Jon had one too many experiences in hostage situations, and this smelled like a trap.

tag » words » notes
love, libby
PM.EMAIL.  
^
ESFYR STARK
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 08:41 PM
QUOTE.  

esfyr

198 words ★ for @Maceo Lannister & @JON STARK ★ ((--))

There would be much to think about on the journey West. Taking the letter from her brother, Esfyr frowned a little, mostly at his words. She did not question the contents - not aloud, at least. “Very well.” Was her answer, granted slowly. After inhaling a small breath, her lips formed a hard line, a bitter smile. “Be safe, Lord Brother.”

She swallowed. “You as well, Jon. Should anything befall you…” Her head lowered, thick strands of gold tumbling from her shoulders.

But there was no time to elaborate. A harsh knock on the door broke through her thoughts. Jolting upright, she glanced between the two men, eyes widened as a voice requested entry from the other side.

The letter…? Gods, the letter! Would they take it from her if they forced their way through? That was a risk she was not willing to take, its contents, whatever they were, were far too important. Her head whisked around - no, she couldn’t hide it elsewhere in the room if they were going to demand entry. Biting her lips together, Esfyr pressed the letter down the tightened front of her bodice, quickly - albeit rather unceremoniously- until it was out of view.

★ VERA
PM.
^
Maceo Lannister
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 12:41 AM
QUOTE.  

Ungrateful inbred. The odds were stacking up against him quickly in a speed he is struggling to keep up with. A lion pushed to the corner, claws grinding... but no. Maceo held his wrath in check and placed both hands, two fingers each on both sides of his temple. There was too much he did not know, but for the sake of his family, there had to be a way. The knocks came once more, "My lord, these are orders from the crown. If you do not open up..." The captain sighed, having had been placed in a situation he would very much rather avoid, "We will have to enter by force."

-Door opens gently from inside-

"There is no need for that." Maceo stepped back to welcome the men inside. As the soldiers entered one by one, the captain, being the last to enter, stepped in and uptight-ly looked around the room before turning to the others, pausing his gaze at Jon and Esfyr for a moment before addressing Maceo with a nod of respect. "My lord." "Captain." He turned to his sister, "I've been consoling my sister. ...She was deeply distraught after seeing what happened." "Ah. Yes, of course." Maceo gave a nudge of his head to signal the two to leave.

There would be no resistance from Maceo as he gave the captain the reins.

PM.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.   ADD REPLY.  FAST REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

a resource community face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED All of Me ♥ Ataraxy Avalon a Panfandom RP Simple and Clean STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Yuri Roleplay Rise of the Believers DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay FABLE Fallen Kismet: Let Fate Connect You RAINBOW CONNECTION realm of the seven realm of the seven realm of the seven

welcome back,